So I have to apologize. Its been more than a minute since I have been on here. :c) I have had a major case of writers block/side tracked by MAL. I have been working like crazy on 2 clubs (yes there is a shameless plug coming up) the Anime Bloggers Union and the Pacific NW Anime Club. Trying to take over both from people that haven’t been running it since like forever has been a task and a half lol!!!
Since I felt bad about neglecting my poor blog and the mini handful of readers that actually read this I decided to do a half and half Valentine’s Day Anime List! The reason I am calling it half and half is because half will be for you lovely dovey, card buying, oozing sappiness people. The other half will be for the people like me that think Valentine’s day is a joke of a holiday. I mean hell, you don’t even get the day off and I have to have people at work bug me for candy and I have to see pink everywhere. I HATE PINK! Yeah I’m a girl and I freakin hate pink with a passion.
To start the list, it will be for you people that love to love and love all things pink and red! :c)
1. Ouran High School Host Club
- I love this anime! Too freaking cute and the different themes that the club puts on is awesome. The love story in it between Haruhi and Tamaki is also cute but really doesn’t come to a head until the end of the anime.
- This a longer anime that follow a group of student through art school, graduating and work. There are numerous love triangles in this anime.
- One of my favorite animes and also features a live triangle. Great anime to watch but a word to the wise after the last episode you need to pick up the manga at where it left off to get the full ending.
4. Clannad and Clannad After Story
- Supposed to be one the best love story anime’s out there. I have only started watching it and its cute. Don’t know if it would call it the best…
5. Paradise Kiss
- Love, fashion, deceit, fashion, craziness and did I mention fashion? This was an awesome anime that seriously brought a tear to my eye with the ending.
6. Nodame Cantabile
- Love in the music word mixed with college life. You HAVE to watch the OVA in addition to the anime to get the actually ending. Odd how they worked that one but the story is cute and worth waiting to watch the OVA.
7. 5cm per second
- This a short story anime film that is broken into 3 parts. With each part follow the main character through different stages in his life and the stages in his relationships.
The second half of the list is for you fellow anti-valentines day folks!
- How can you beat a full worldwide outbreak of zombies?! GREAT relief to the valentine’s madness! There is even a love triangle mixed in!
- Could have put this in the first half but the constant madness that is School Rumble makes it more of a laugh riot than anything else. The mistaken love interest and love triangles make for a very funny plot line!
3. Shikabane Hime
- Priest falling in love with dead girls that roam the world killing off demons and the possesed? Another great relief from the valentine’s madness lol!
- A story about a girl that is obsessed with a boy she meets and haunts him even after she dies. Throw in vampires and the undead and you have a great non fluffy romance/stalking story.
- A love story between a werewolf and vampire surrounded by death and lies. You also get a story of a fight between vampire clans and a fight to the death between beast people.
6. Big O
- No we are not talking about that O! The story revolves around a city that has lost their memories. All that is left are these big mechs that feel the need to beat the crap out of each other. There is also a love triangle between the main character, his android and a woman whos group she works for is working against him.
- Your avegage nerd that also happens to be plagued by seeing yōkai and ayakashi. He is in love with one of his classmates and does everything he can to fight the yōkai and ayakashi in order to get them to leave him alone so that he can try and pursue her. Well that’s at least the story in a nutshell from the romance point of view.
I hope everyone had a happy and safe valentines or anti-valentines day!